The State Bank of India account holders can check their account balances without personally visiting the bank. You are no more required to wait in queues and deal with road traffic for your SBI Balance Check. The online mode will help you to get your account balance inquiry while sitting at home.
SBI is one of the largest banks in India; hence the rush of customers in the bank is always at its peak. It makes it difficult for people to know their account balance from the bank counters. To make the process easier for the customers, the bank has provided various easy ways to check SBI account balances without visiting the bank. You can check your balance online, via SMS, Missed calls, Bank digital app, etc.
This article will discuss the methods for SBI Balance Check online.
SBI Balance Check Online
With technological advancement, SBI has also introduced ways to check balances online for saving accounts. Here are the methods that you can use for SBI Balance check online:
1. Internet Banking
Internet banking allows you to check your SBI savings bank balance in simple steps. For this method, you need to register for Internet banking. The bank employees can help you register for Internet banking. Once you are done with registration, You can use it anytime, anywhere, following the steps below:
- Visit the SBI Bank Portal.
- Enter the details for login – username, password, and captcha.
- After the login, you can check the balance and perform various other banking services.
2. YONO App
SBI bank has launched the YONO App for customers, which enables them to perform various functions and avail of banking services. This app allows you to check your savings account balance 24/7.
For SBI Balance check online using the YONO app, you need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download the Yono app from Play Store or App Store.
- Log in to the app using your registered mobile number.
- Enter the bank account details and other information that the app asks for.
- After the successful registration, you can check the balance under the account section on the App. You can check the digital passbook also upto 150 transactions in your account.
3. SBI Anywhere Saral
Another facility for SBI Balance checks is available at SBI Anywhere Saral. This portal allows you to perform many banking functions such as checking your balance, getting the mini statement, mobile recharge, etc.
The process for SBI balance checks online using the SBI Anywhere Saral portal is very easy. You are required to download the app or visit the official website. Log in using your bank details, and you are all set to avail of the services.
How to Check SBI Account Balance Using Missed Call Method?
Another way to check the SBI balance without visiting the bank is to check using missed calls. You can get the account balance and the mini statement using this method. This will also work if you need a smartphone or an active internet connection. The steps for an SBI balance check via missed call are mentioned below:
- You need to register your mobile number at your bank. If you still need to register your mobile number, you won’t be able to check the balance via missed call.
- Using your registered mobile number, Send an SMS ‘REG Account Number’ to 09223766666; this will help you know if your number is registered.
- After registration, you can check the SBI saving account balance by giving a missed call on 09223766666.
How to Check Your SBI Account Balance by Dialing a Toll-free Number?
SBI also offers its customers service on call. You call to check the SBI balance using the toll-free numbers 1800-11-2211 or 1800-425-3800. Then, follow the instructions to know the balance and avail of other services.
How to Check SBI Account Balance Using the SMS Method?
SBI balance check is possible via SMS also. The method is very effortless. You must use your registered mobile number to send the SMS ‘BAL’ to 09223766666. You will receive the response within seconds.
Also, you can get the mini statement by sending SMS ‘MSTMT’ to 09223866666. You will get the last few transaction details of your account.
How to Check SBI Account Balance Using USSD Number?
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) number can also be used for SBI Balance check without going to the bank. For this method, you need to follow some simple steps:
- The very step is to get registration by sending SMS ‘MBSREG’ to 0.922344000 or 567676 using your registered mobile number. You will get an SMS containing the User ID and PIN.
- Now, you must Dial *595# using your registered mobile number; it will ask you for User ID and select the option.
- Press ‘Answer’ and select ‘Option 1’. To know the SBI balance for your account, you must choose ‘Balance inquiry.’ You will get many other options, also a mini statement, etc.
- Provide you MPIN here and send. You will find the SBI bank balance written on your screen.
How to Check SBI Account Balance Using an ATM?
One of the ways to check the SBI Balance is via ATM-cum-debit card. It would help if you visited the nearest ATM for the process. The steps are :
- Swipe your ATM in the given slot.
- Enter the ATM PIN
- Choose the balance inquiry from the options available. You will get your account balance written on the screen of the ATM Machine.
The users must note that SBI allows only limited free ATM transactions per month; after completing the limit, you must pay the fees.
How to Check SBI Account Balance Using Whatsapp Banking?
The SBI offers a WhatsApp banking facility to customers. You need to send ‘Hi’ from your WhatsApp to +919022690226. The number you are using on WhatsApp must be registered with the bank. The chatbot will give you instructions.
How to Check SBI Account Balance Using UPI?
If you are using any UPI app like Gpay or Phone pay, you can check the balance using them. The steps are:
- Open the UPI app and log in using the Password or fingerprint.
- You will get the option to check the balance on the screen; tap on this option.
- It will ask you for the secret PIN or UPI PIN for further processing.
- After verification, it will show the balance on the screen.
Uses of SBI Balance Check
The SBI balance check options are used for various purposes:
- To check how much money you have in your account for expenditures.
- Verify if you have received the amount that the sender has sent you.
- To check if you have received the refund for failed transactions.
- People check their balance to see if they get the interest on time.
Why Must the Customer Check SBI Balance Regularly?
People usually check the balance of their SBI account to know the available money, but there are many other reasons why you must check your balance regularly.
- To ensure that there is no unauthorized transaction taking place from your account.
- It helps you to identify unnecessary transactions and cut down on expenses.
SBI Balance Check is essential, and it’s a straightforward process. You can use online methods for checking your saving account balance. However, other methods are also available for those who are not very comfortable with online methods. You can use missed calls or sms methods also. If you are using an ATM to check your balance and have exceeded the allowed limit, you must pay the charges plus GST.
How To Check SBI Account Balance Online – FAQs
How much does the Bank charge for checking The Account balance?
Ans. SBI Balance Check is entirely free of cost. However, while using an ATM, you need to be careful about the limit allowed. Otherwise, it will charge some fees.
Is there any way to check the SBI account balance using an unregistered number?
Ans. You must only use the registered mobile number to check the account balance. If you don’t have a registered mobile number, you must get the registration or use other methods like UPI, SBI anywhere Saral, Yono, etc.
Can I Check the account balance in SBI on behalf of my father?
Ans. You can use your father’s mobile and phone number to check the balance with his permission. The only thing to care for is to use the registered mobile number.
How to get my mobile number registered with the bank?
Ans. Getting your mobile number registered with the bank is very simple. You need to visit the bank and ask the executive to add your mobile number to your account. Once done, you will receive a confirmation message from the bank.
Can I also check my balance using an ATM on another bank ATM machine?
Ans. Yes, You can check the account balance from the ATM of any bank. You must enter the correct PIN and choose the correct option.